Friday, June 8, 2012

Gopher's Limo

Gopher doesn't work all the time. His favorite activities include chuck-it, seeing some of his favorite people and cruising in his limo. Well it isn't a limo, but it is my 1966 Chevrolet Bel Air, like many dogs, Gopher never misses a chance to go for a ride, but is especially exuberant when we go in the sixty-six. Don't know if it is the increased visibility or the fact it makes Dad so happy when we drive it.

Come on Dad it's time to go.

Yes, he does sit with me in the front seat, but is always buckled in with his special harness seat belt. He is not a fan when I buckle him in and don't hop in right away.

We're going cruising.
As soon as I hop in though it is nothing but smiles.


  

I have had my 66 (Roxanne) for nine years, and no matter where we went she always would catch someone's eye. Add Gopher to the mix and we catch people's eyes and give them a laugh. Most of the time we cruise just like this, but sometimes we both need to let our heads hang out the window to feel the breeze through our hair.


When we go for a cruise we tell Carla we're going out to pick up chicks.

"Alright Dad, drive real slow, and don't tell Luna, Kodi or the others, but here comes that Irish Setter I was telling you about."
Time for the dignified, poised look. "Dad do you think she noticed me?"



Sometimes after cruising for a while, Gopher tires of the window and has to come in real close.



This position, which is leaned into me and difficult to take a picture of, always gets me to humming the Cake song, "Stickshifts and Safetybelts"



Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend and don't forget about the Challenge, all entries due by June 30th.

We're outta here!



5 comments:

  1. Cruisin' to pick up some chicks. Nice. Great start to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, Gopher might be looking around for Finn to be a new girlfriend. :)

      Delete
    2. LOL! Just seeing this today. I don't know if I am old enough to dating such a seasoned dog!!

      I wanted to ask you if I could use your competition photo in one of my upcoming posts. There is a blogville olympics happening, and I am doing the closing ceremony, and I'd like to do a bit on giveaways and challenges, and I would like to use one of your pics with the treats? Email me if that's ok...

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your limo!!! It's much more eye-catching than my Garth-mobile (a 2001 Honda CRV). I bet you do pretty well in the chick department, Gopher!

    Your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Goph! Me again!

    I have given you the Sunshine Award!
    http://theworldaccordingtogarthriley.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-sunshine-i-have-received.html

    Your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete