Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Brothers Rodent Cuddle Caps and Scarves Update!

Gopher, Squirrel, Carla and I are so happy how big the response has been so far. 

Thanks to our first benefactor we have started making and handing out kits, here is a bit of the yarn we purchased. The postage, shipping boxes, and return shipping boxes are not as interesting.


Thanks to Mary B. we have also started receiving some beautiful hats!


Also check out these two great blogs who have shared our little mission!



We have also been working hard ourselves. Experienced knitters please note that we just learned how to knit in the last couple of months.

First scarf blocked, looking forward to handing this out! 


Carla ( the knitting expert, not the wife) was also over this weekend and showed me how to make a hat and it is also well on its way!



Thank you to everyone for the support. We hope to share images of the first distribution soon!

If you are seeing this for the first time go here to learn more about Brothers Rodent Cuddle Caps: Calling all knitters and crocheters!

If you do not have the ability, but want to help those who do have the skills but lack the resources go here: Cuddle Caps Kits!

If you need a kit, please contact me at chadandgopher@gmail.com

Thank you ALL!

9 comments:

  1. What pattern are you using for the hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no set pattern, there is a link to some pattern ideas in the article. Please feel free to be creative, and use the link at Calling All Knitters and Crocheters to foster ideas. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. There is a link in the first article that is to pattern ideas.

      Delete
    3. I made some hats on one of those knitting looms because I am having a tough time finding needles the right size! I'll have to order from Mary Maxim or something... And I would like more links to patterns if someone knows of any...

      Delete
  2. I just found you on fb, through GRF. I have ordered yarn and will have caps and scarves for you asap. I will be crocheting, not knitting, I will mix up the stitches to make them a little more interesting for the wearer too.
    I have a question about the scarves. Do they have to be long scarves or can they be infinity style scarves (no ends or tassels, their circular)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, 'they're' sorry.

      Delete
    2. Hey Paula,

      There is no set pattern for scarves either, so please be creative. Honestly, I am not certain what will work best. As we move forward I am sure we will have some ideas. Thank you so much for all of your efforts. We are truly humbled to be a part of this community.

      Delete
  3. Great, Thank You. I'll do some of each. Also, can I put pompoms on the children's hats? I've completed my first hat. I"ll wait to hear back about the pompoms while I start another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paula,

      Please feel free to be creative as you feel!

      Thank you again!

      Delete